Tuesday, December 2, 2008

eCommerce Blog 1

The title of my first blog article was How to Handle a Lowball Job Offer, written by Joann S. Lublin.

This article talked about how due to today's the economy almost all new employees are seeing lower salary job offers. The article provides many examples of high level people seeing significantly lower salaries. However, it also shows how these individuals compromised with the company and increased their salary offer to past levels.

The reason I found this article interesting is because I'm graduating soon and will undoubtedly come across this new trend. I think it is important for students entering the job market to be aware of this and how to counter the company's offer without insulting them or putting yourself in a bad position with the company. From my internship experience over the summer I encountered this but due to the size of the company and how well known it was I didn't feel I was in a position to negotiate my pay. However, after reading this article it has provided me with a few techniques I could use when I receive a job offer.

1 comment:

REK said...

Good post. One stylistic suggestion: embed URLs in a link rather than pasting the naked URL