Monday, December 29, 2008

eCommerce Blog 7

In the WSJ online article Georgetown Not Smiling on Apple Store by Yukari Iwatani Kane she writes on some interesting things Apple is starting to create. One of the things Apple is developing is an Apple store, although the reception to the store is positive in many places the historical Georgetown sees it as "not fitting into their neighborhood". Also, Kane reported on the warm reception given to an Apple store inside Georgetown University's bookstore.

I didn't really choose this article to blog about Georgetown not accepting an Apple store in their neighborhood I chose it because I was interested in seeing some of the new ideas Apple is coming up with. I agree 100% with he stance Georgetown is taking against the Apple store since Georgetown is a historical district while the Apple store in my opinion is a very new and cutting edge design. After reading this article and some of the related articles I think Apple is really leading the way in electronics and is stepping out of the normal ways of business. I know I'd rather go to a bookstore and see an Apple store inside it with Apple technicians then going to a normal bookstore with your plain items and atmosphere.

No comments: